Xbox One Set up tips – A complete user guide
The Xbox One game series has become one of the most sought after game console. Consequently because of the introduction of the 4K gaming feature and other specs that come along with the series. Therefore, owning an Xbox one console either S or X is a plus to your gaming lifestyle. However, you need this Xbox One set up tips to guide you through.
Xbox One Set up – The guide
Firstly, I’d like to point out that the setup process is divided into two; the Physical setup, which is about the hardware components and the Digital setup, which is mostly about software and internet connections.
Now let’s ride…..
- Place your Xbox one game console in a suitable area devoid of clusters and suffocation.
- Next, with the HDMI cable included in the pack, connect your console to a TV or HDTV.
- Although it is optional, you can choose to connect your satellite box to your console.
- At this point, you can choose to connect to an internet connection model using a cable. A suitable cable for this is the ethernet cable or any of its kind. Insert it into the networking port behind the console. However, you can skip this step and use the wireless connection option during the Digital setup.
- Now, insert your external storage device and set it up. Most times you may need to format the device so as to have and enjoy a good gaming experience.
Xbox One X Digital Setup – The Guide
Once you’re done with the physical settings. Now its time to proceed to the next level of settings – the Digital setup. These settings begin as soon as the console is powered on. Therefore, before you begin, make sure that all wired connections are carefully placed and the controller also in place with charged up batteries. Alright, let’s begin…
1. Connect your controller with the console, you can select a wired or wireless connection.
2. Select your preferred language for effective communication.
3. Next, connect your console to the internet. Moreover, if you had connected to the internet using a wired connection then you can skip this step. If not…, let’s proceed
4. From the options displayed, select a wireless connection you’d like to use. However, if no option was listed, scroll down and select “Add Wireless Network” and proceed to type in the network’s name, passcode and security type.
5. Select your country or location in some cases. Press A on your controller to continue.
6. Now, proceed to update your console. This may take a few minutes, be patient enough to wait for it to finish.
While the system is updating, you can choose to continue the setup with your OS or iOS smartphone.
Follow these steps below to continue with your smartphone:
- Open your browser and type in the web address displayed at the bottom of the update screen as Xbox is updating.
- On the welcome pop up on your phone screen, tap ‘continue setup with app‘ and enter your password as displayed on the setup screen.
- Select a time zone
- Select a “Power On” option and tap next. I’d recommend the ‘Instant On’ option.
- Select an auto-update option and tap next.
- Now your settings are ready but you must tap “Done” to save them.
At this point, when your Xbox is done updating from the console, you’ll be required to apply the settings from the app – select yes to effect the settings.
Alright, I know it’s not everyone that might like to use the mobile app option. Here is what to do:
- At the end of the system update, you’ll be asked to sign in. Do so and continue.
- Now you’ll be required to select a sign-in/ security preference. Go through the options and select one.
- Proceed to respond to other prompts, most of them are optional.
- Next, you’ll be requested to apply any previously saved settings that may be in the Microsoft cloud. Respond to this and continue.
- Select a time zone.
- Select a suitable Power On option and continue.
- In the end, you’ll be asked to redeem your codes and get a subscription discount.
Now you can go ahead and have a wonderful time with your Xbox.
I recommend you refer to this handy guide on Xbox one setup while setting up your gaming console. Have a good time.