You no longer have to use blurry effects for your background while on video meetings when you can use the virtual background in your Microsoft Teams. It allows you to use photos or preset scenery to cover up a messy workplace in real-life video chat.
Just like the Zoom virtual background, Microsoft Team virtual background covers everything behind you during a video meeting or chat. It helps to conceal your environment from other participants.
Click on the menu icon depicted by the three dots at the bottom of the page.
Among the menu options, select “Show background effects”.
On the Background settings, select the image you want to use as your background and click on the button marked “Apply”.
This will change your background during a video chats to the image that you’ve just set. Additionally, Microsoft teams enables you to use a custom image different from the preset background on the app. If you want to use your own custom background follow the steps below to set it up.
How to use a Custom background in Microsoft Teams
1. Add the image you want to use as your Teams background to a special folder.
For Windows PC
Open the Windows Explorer>Appdata>Microsoft>Teams>Background>uploads.
For mac PC
Open mac library>Application Support>Microsoft>Teams>Backgrounds>uploads.
2. Search for the image you want to use and add it to the last folder as represented above.
3. Close the folder and open the Teams app.
4. Click on the three dots menu icon and select the “Show background options”.
5. From the Background settings scroll to the bottom where your custom picture is located and select it.
6. Click on the “Apply” button.
Adding more custom background will enable you alternate your background settings. So you can add official and casual background setup for your video chats on Microsoft Teams.