“We only have one life to live” – sure that is true, but who will refuse a chance for an option of a second life. Yes, secondlife.com is an online 3D virtual community that connects people together while offering them a new life experience to explore in the world of Avatars.
Billie Eilish used the caption “When we all fall asleep, where do we go?” as the title to her Grammy award-winning studio Album. Honestly, the title is captivating but that question got me thinking… is there actually a second life anywhere? – Sure there is, and this post is all about how to create a new life at secondlife.com. Yes, let’s give it a trial.
Unlike most massive multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG), SecondLife can be accessed at no cost and residents (users) are availed the opportunity to create a basic account, design avatar and possibly earn from the platform if the account is upgraded to any of the premium packages.
Also, Avatars can be designed as a human, animal, vegetable or a combination of any of the aforementioned. Likewise, Residents are allowed to create their own avatar or purchase a pre-designed avatar from the platform.
It is worthy to note that the Secondlife virtual community runs on a 3D modeling tool that relies on simple geometric shapes, allowing users to build virtual objects at ease. You can connect and chat with other users using voice chats, instant messaging (IM) and gestures as part of the Secondlife culture to communicate.
Become a resident at secondlife.com today, below is the signup and login guide.
How to enroll a resident in Secondlife.com 3D virtual community
It is easier to signup on SecondLife than tracking the pizza’s way to the mouth. How possible? – let’s see
- Log on to Secondlife.com from your web browser. You may need to install the Second Life (SL) viewer – a 3D browsing software in order to enjoy exploring the Virtual community.
- Click on the signup link by the top right of the homepage.
- Create a username, enter a valid email address and create a unique user password.
- Enter your personal details as required.
- Choose an Avatar gender.
- Accept the terms of service and hit the “Create My Account” tab to access your second life (thumbs up).
How to Login to Secondlife.com
- Log on to SecondLife official login page
- Enter your SecondLife username and password in the space provided.
- Hit the login tab to access the largest 3D user base virtual community.
To recover a lost password use the forgotten password link to reset a new password.