Record your screen on iPhone | Step-by-step guide
Often times you want to save a video of a live stream event on your phone or save what’s playing on the screen of your phone to share with friends on Twitter or Instagram. iPhone gives you the option to do that. Here is how to record your screen on iphone.
All devices running on iOS11 operating system has an in built feature to record what is being played on its screen. This implies that you can record your screen on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This option is visible from the Control center, if it is not displayed on your iPhone yet, don’t panic, here is how to add it to the option to the control center;
- Go to Settings and tap on “Control Center”.
- Select “Customize Controls”.
- Scroll through the options and tap on the button marked “+” next to Screen Recording. Now, it is added to the options on Control Center and appears like a big ‘dot in a circle’, you can access it directly from hence.
How to Record Your Screen on iPhone
- Pick up your iPhone and open the app or event you want to record.
- Access the Control Center by swiping up on you screen for iPhone 8. On iPhone X and above, just pull down the menu by the top right corner.
- Tap on the Screen Record button from the options in the Control Center.
- Tap on Start Recording and exit the tab. It will take three seconds countdown for it to start recording. Tap on your screen to hide the menu.
Meanwhile, before you start recording your screen, turn on the “Do Not Disturb“ feature to prevent unwanted scenes from appearing on what you’re recording. This is necessary because you might get a call, and your screen records whatever shows up on it.
Note also, that your iPhone records video and internal audio, it does not record external audio (all audio not generated from your iPhone). Therefore, if you want it to record your voice alongside the recording audio from your phone, follow the steps below;
- Go to Control Center.
- Press and Hold on to the Screen Record button.
- Tap on the Microphone button from the pop-up to turn on the microphone for external audio.
- Now, tap on “Start Recording” and exit the control center.
Make sure to turn it off after recording or it will remain active the next time you record your screen.