According to statistics by World Health Organization [WHO], about 340 million of the worlds population is suffering from depression. Moodpath is a mental health app designed to help people recognise their level of depression especially at early stage.
Meanwhile, depression is defined as a feeling of sadness and uneaseness that affects ones mood, actions, and thought negatively. It is a medical condition. Unfortunately, most depressed individuals are not aware of their state of health until it has gotten to the an extreme level. That is why the app offers you an opportunity to test your emotional health per time.
Hints about depression
Depression can arise as a result of hormonal crisis, strong addiction, physical abuse, and stigma. It can also be as a result of a past experience [mostly horrible] which has left an indelible emotional scar in the mind of an individual.
Common symptoms of depression includes but not limited to the following:
- Feelings of sadness.
- Lack of self-confidence.
- Feelings Anger.
- Feelings of low self-esteem.
- Lack of concentration.
- Fatigue and more.
Alright, having established a clear understanding on what depression is, we can now go further ahead to understand how moodpath works and its effects on depression.
How does Moodpath work?
As said earlier, it is a mental health app and it is available for download on Android OS and Apple iOS smartphones. It is also available for download on iPad. The app uses an interactive means to access the emotional and psycological health of individual over a period of time [normally two-weeks]
As a complementary medical app, it gives you a comprehensive analysis of the state of your mental health which you can further discuss with a Psychologist or Therapist.
Furthermore, the app presents users with 3 random questions per day. The answers to these questions is used to determine the possible state of your mental health. It is also worthy to note that the app is free for everybody except for the upgraded premuim version which goes for a certain amount per month.
Another unque thing about moodpath is that you don’t have to signup for anything before using the app, all you need to do is to go to the Google playstore download it for Android smartphone users or Apple store for iPhone users and download it.
See also: The Peak – Brain training Review
There are four major sections in the moodpath app. These sections is designed to carry-out certain tasks. Below is the list of the sections and a summary of its task.
- Moodpath: This section shows the user the extent of his/her engagement with the app. It helps the user to keep track of the exercises as the proceed within the 2 weeks test duration. At the end of every 2 weeks, there is an option to further continue for another 2 weeks with a new assesment method or to quit.
- Knowledge: In this section, the user gets useful informations on the state of his/her mental and emotional state of health. Also, insights on depression and possible treatment option can be gotten in this section.
- Statistics: The statistic section shows the user the overview of detected symptoms for the past three days and also insights on mood development within the same period.
- Profile: This section contains resources and referrals in cases that need further treatment. Such referrals normally comes at the end of the 2 weeks detection period. This section has proved to be very effective as a number of patients admits that it was very helpful to their recovery.
Moodpath employs the use of artificial intelligence and analytic software to identify and analyse the individual response to each questions. These makes for the availability of effective result to the user.
Also, as a medical app, it creates an easy and convenient approach to an individual’s mental wellbeing. Download the app today.