With the “Your Phone” app installed on your phone and PC, you will be able to route photos, notifications and text messages to your Windows PC. Similarly, the app can allow you to make and receive calls on PC without scrambling for your phone while working from home.
Having this setup gives you instant access to your phone’s notification, photos, and text on your PC. It is more likely a remote program that enables you to relax and do more on your PC without worrying about your phone because you have it all in one place.
To enable this setup will require a PC running Windows 10 on 64bits RAM or above and a smartphone running on Android version 7 or above. If you have the listed requirement, the next thing to do is to download and install “Your phone” app on both gadgets. The guide below contains the steps that will help you with the process.
How to Download and Link Your Phone App in phones and PC
- Go to the Google Play Store on your phone, search for “Your Phone” App, and have it Installed.
- Open your PC and download the same app from the Microsoft Store, if it is not already preinstalled in your Windows.
- Go back to your phone and open the app and sign in with your Microsoft account login details. Then enable permission to access your contacts, pictures, media, phone call, text messages and to run in background
Also, ensure that you’re logged in to your Microsoft account on your PC. Now let us go ahead and link the phone to the PC using the steps below.
- At this point, make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Your Phone app on your PC and allow it to boot, meanwhile make sure that your mobile phone is on with the app enabled on it.
- Once it comes up, a connection will be established and a notification will be sent to your mobile requesting verification or permission for connection to occur. Hit on “Allow” and continue.
- Now, your phone will be displayed on your PC’s Your Phone app with a list of tasks you can perform on your phone from the PC.
See also: How to use customized background in Microsoft Teams.
How to make and receive calls on PC using Your Phone App
- Go to Your Phone app on PC and click on the dial icon marked “Calls”. This is usually the last among the list on the left menu list.
- To make sure the contacts and call logs on your phone is displayed on your PC, connect your smartphone to your PC via Bluetooth.
- Now go back to the dial pad on your PC and follow the on-screen instructions. At the end you’ll see your recent calls on the dial, select a contact and place a call.
Note however that you must enable the speakers on your PC or you can use a headphone to make or receive calls on your PC.