How to Use VPN on Smartphones | Step-by-Step Guide
If you are working from home it is necessary that you keep your online activities safe and secure. Using a VPN on your Smartphone will help protect you from hackers and conceal your location on the internet.
The idea of using a VPN on Smartphones might seem ambiguous to many. However, based on the need for safety and privacy, connecting your smartphone to a good VPN service will protect you when using unsecured networks.
Though VPNs are good at encrypting data, it is also a wonderful ad-blocking tool. There are various free VPN services available for smartphones but the paid ones have more advantages over the free versions. Some of the free versions include; Hotspot shield, Nord VPN, Opera VPN, and Tunnel bear.
How to Use VPN on Smartphone (Android)
- Download and install any of the best Android VPN apps on your Android Smartphone.
- Open the VPN and follow the prompts in the app to set it up. The VPN setup for all Android is similar except for some Samsung Android products.
How to setup VPN for all Android Smartphone
- Open your smartphone and go to “Settings”.
- From the options, tap on “Network & Internet”.
- Tap on “Advanced” and select VPN.
- The VPN app you installed will appear on the list of VPNs. Now, tap on the settings icon to start your setup.
- To keep your VPN always ON, toggle on the switch tab to turn it on. Also, you can decide to block connections without VPN.
- Exit the page when you’re satisfied with the setup.
VPN setup for Samsung Android
- Open your phone and go to “Settings”.
- Select Connections from the menu options.
- Next, tap on “More Connection Settings”.
- Scroll down and tap on VPN.
- Tap on the setting icon next to your VPN network and turn up the settings to your desire and exit.