People are more likely to use the WhatsApp Web and Desktop app with the increasing demand to work from the comfort of your home. This will ease the pain of having to switch between devices while you maintain a good working space on your desktop.
WhatsApp has become one of the most widely used messaging app and because it is associated with individual’s phone number, a great number of users relegate it to just a mobile app. Though, it is really a mobile app for easy messaging on the go, it is not limited to your smartphone.
The WhatsApp web and Desktop version serves as an alternative to the mobile app, it gives you all the features associated with the messaging app with the addition of using it on a full-size keyboard as well as full screen experience. This adds to your convenience as you keep up with chats working from home.
As good as it sounds, the WhatsApp Desktop App is available for download and usable on both Windows and macOS. The web version is also a wonderful alternative if you have a Linux operating system and those who may not like to download the desktop app for whatever reason. The good news is that you get just as much as obtainable with the mobile app.
See more guides on using WhatspApp
- How to restore WhatsApp messages.
- How to activate WhatsApp dark mode.
- How to make group video call on whatsApp.
How to use the WhatsApp Web and Desktop app | Step-by-step guide
For the Desktop App
1. Ensure you have installed WhatsApp messenger on your phone. (Quickly, if you don’t have it on your smartphone go to the Google Play store or App Store for Android and iPhone respectively. Install it and continue with the steps below).
2. Now, open your desktop and log on to the WhatsApp website. Look for the desktop app that matches with your PC and download it. Alternatively, you can go to the Microsoft Store to download for Windows or the Mac App Store for macOS.
3. Finish with the installation and launch the desktop app, wait for the QR code to appear on your screen. Beside this code, you’ll see three requirements. Now, pick your phone, open your WhatsApp mobile and tap on the three dot for the setting menu.
4. Select WhatsApp web on your phone and point your camera at your desktop screen to capture and scan the QR code. Once this is successful, you’ll be logged in to your WhatsApp desktop App.
How to use WhatsApp on the Web
Surprisingly, the process of using the WhatsApp web and Desktop app is almost similar, the only difference is that while using the web version you don’t have to download or install any app. You only log on to https://web.whatsapp.com with your browser and connect your mobile app to it, just as in step 3 and 4 above.
Now, you can do all that is achievable on your WhatsApp mobile with the desktop app or on the web. There is no limitations rather you have a wider field to make you chats and messaging look more appealing and convenient.