You can mute someone on Instagram without unfollowing them in three (3) ways. This is an option when you don’t have to unfollow the Instagram account but you don’t want to keep seeing any content uploaded from such an account.
Most times influential people can be naughty and you don’t pay attention to their post on feeds or in stories, but for some reason, you don’t want to unfollow them. The ‘mute’ option is a good alternative to keep such posts clear off your feeds.
Below are 3 different ways to mute someone on Instagram
How to mute someone on Instagram
1. Launch Instagram on your smartphone (Os or iOS).
2. Search for the profile of the person you’d like to mute and tap on the ellipses (three dots) next to the username by the top-right side.
3. Now, tap on “Mute” from the pop-up list that will appear.
4. Next, toggle on the slider towards the right to activate the mute option. Note, you can do this for posts and stories.
How to Mute Posts on Instagram
1. Open Instagram on your smartphone.
2. On the post, you’d like to mute, tap on the ellipses (three dots) by the right of the username of the person that made the post.
3. Tap on “Mute” from pop-up options.
4. Options to Mute Posts only or to mute posts and Story will appear, select your preferred option and save the settings.
How to Mute Instagram Stories
1. Open Instagram on your Smartphone.
2. Search for the profile you’d like to mute from the stories bar on the top of your screen, tap and hold down on the profile picture.
3. Tap on “Mute” from the options on the pop-up.
4. Now, tap on a preferred option.