Despite the rapid increase in daily usage, for some reasons you may want to delete your TikTok account. Maybe because of the domineering micro-celeb activities or there is need for you to check your privacy. Whatever it is, here is a guide to help you take a break from the lip-syncing social network.
Fortunately, to delete your TikTok account is not as difficult when compared to other social media platforms. However, it only offers you the option to delete your account permanently and not to temporarily deactivate it as seen in most social networks.
Also, it is worthy to note that deleting your TikTok account will automatically wipe all your data from the platform. Therefore, you may want to review your decision before you continue with the step-by-step guide below.
Mastodon is getting bigger – see how you too can join now.
How to delete your TikTok account
1. Login to your TikTok account and head to your account page by tapping or clicking on the “Me” button on the bottom left of the home page.
2. Tap or click on the three vertical dots on the top-left corner of your account page. This button is referred to as your menu button.
3. Next, tap on “Settings and Privacy” and proceed with “Manage my Account”.
4. At this point, a new menu list will appear containing about seven (7) options. Scroll through the list right at the bottom you’ll see the option marked “Delete account”. Select it and continue.
5. Now, you will be asked to verify your account. Here, it will require that you use the details used in creating the TikTok account for the verification purpose. This is just to certify that you’re the one taking the action and not a bot action.
6. After the verification is done, tap on the “Delete Account” button again and repeat the same action in the pop-up window that will appear.
Your TikTok account is now permanently deleted and your data wiped off the platform. No one can see or like your videos anymore.