Privacy threats can throw you into a panic, that you may want to stay away from social media for a while or permanently. On Instagram, you have two options either to delete or deactivate your Instagram Account.
Deleting or deactivating your Instagram account are two different options but focuses on keeping you out of the photo-sharing app completely or temporarily respectively. Below is a guide to help you delete or deactivate your Instagram account.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account
Be mindful, that deactivating your Instagram account will only disable your account temporarily and it can only be done through the browser option and not from the app. Do this when you want to take a break from social media.
1. Log in to Instagram using a mobile or computer browser.
2. Go to your profile by clicking “Edit Profile”.
3. From the profile, scroll down and select “Temporarily disable my account”.
4. You’ll be required to enter your password and select the reason why you want to deactivate your account, then re-enter your password to save the settings.
Deactivating your Instagram account is different from using a private Instagram account. Private Instagram will allow users to view your profile, see your display pictures, bio, people you follow and the ones that follow you but not your posts.
How to Delete your Instagram Account
To delete your Instagram account is to permanently remove your account from the Instagram database.
1. Open Instagram from your mobile or web browser.
2. Head to delete my account page.
3. Select a reason for deleting your account.
4. Enter your Instagram password to save the settings.
How to Re-activate your Instagram account
To reactivate your Instagram account is quite easier than the deactivating process. all you have to do is to log on to Instagram.com and enter your username and password to have your account restored.