Gmail Account Login – How to Signup for Gmail Account & Login – Guide
At the end of this article you should be able to;
- To Know about all the useful information on Google Gmail features.
- To know how to create a Gmail account login credentials for your business or personal purpose.
- To be able to comprehend the Gmail interface on the web version or mobile app.
- To know how to manage your Gmail inbox settings.
Gmail is one of the most popular email services in 2020 offering the largest storage capacity. When you create a Gmail account for the first time you’re offered a free 15 gigabyte initial storage which can be scaled up subsequently when exhausted.
As a leader among the webmail service providers, Google maintains a simple user interface by automatically organizing messages into threads grouped into subject lines covering related messages.
Once you’ve been able to create your Gmail account, you can log in wherever there is an internet connection using your computer, mobile phone, tablet, and so on. All that will be required from you is your Gmail account login credential.
Additionally, you can use your Gmail account login as a login or signup option on most social media platforms and third-party apps, business portals, or accounts.
Quickly, if you want to create your business or personal Gmail account right away, the steps below will guide you to set it up and sign-in whenever you wish.
Gmail Account Signup – Step by step guide
The Gmail account is easy to create, you will have your account completely set up by following the steps here. You can either use your PC, Phone, or Tablet.
- Connect to the internet and go to www.gmail.com
- Select the option to Create Account.
- A signup form will be displayed, Fill in the required information.
Note that your username is your email address and it will be used to send and receive messages. Therefore, choose a username that reflects the purpose of the Gmail account.
- Click on the “Next” button to proceed.
- On the next page, you’ll be required to enter a phone number that will be used to verify your account.
- For security purposes, Google uses two-factor verification. You will enter the verification code that will be sent to the number you provided and click on the “Verify” button.
- Review the Google terms of service and click on the “I agree” button.
Your account will be created immediately.
Gmail Account Login – Step by step Guide
Using a Computer
- Connect to the internet and go to www.gmail.com
- Enter your username (this is your email address or phone number), and password, then, click on the “Next” button.
- In case of a lost or forgotten password, quickly click on the Forgot password link and follow the instructions to recover your account.
How to Log in to your Gmail account with your iPhone
- Go to the App Store and download the Gmail app.
- Open the app and tap on the menu.
- Next, tap on Your Account Address and select Manage accounts.
- From the option above, select the add account.
- Now, enter your Gmail username (Gmail address) and password. Then complete the login steps.
After the above is completed, you will be logged in automatically anytime you open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
You can log out from the account on your iPhone by removing the account from the Gmail app.
How to Log in to Gmail account with your Android Smartphone
Setting up and personalizing your Android phone requires creating a Google account. If you have done such on your mobile phone then you are automatically signed into Gmail. However, if you’re unable to access your account or perhaps you’ve deleted your account, then you may need to download the app and signin using your Gmail account login credentials.
- Go to your Play store and Download the Gmail app.
- Open the app and tap on the “Sign in” button usually at the bottom of the screen.
Note that you can add as many account as you want by tapping on the profile icon by the top-right and select “Add another account”.
3.From the options select “Google” this is normally the first option.
- Next, tap on “Continue” to allow Google to log you into your account.
- You will then be required to enter your username and password to log in to your Gmail account.
How to manage and personalize your Gmail Settings
Using Your Computer
- Open your Gmail account and navigate to the top right and click on the Settings gear icon
- Click on See all settings and select any of the setting page and edit as preferred.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes to effect all changes.
Using your Android phone
- Open the Gmail app
- Tap the Menu icon usually the three horizontal lines by the top left of your screen.
- Tap on the General Settings option and select any of the accounts you may want to make changes. Save them and exit.
Using Your iPhone
- Open the Gmail app and tap the Menu by the top left of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page on your screen
- Tap on the Settings
- Tap your account and make your changes.
Note that you can make limited changes with your Android or iPhone. Some changes require that you switch to the desktop.
If you experience any form of challenge while using any of the guides here, contact us now or drop your comment. We’d be happy to hear from you.