Zoom popularity is constantly on the rise as people resort to video conferencing while working from home. Although the Zoom app does not have a custom settings to enable dark mode, users seek means to enable it across all devices.
Using the Zoom dark mode helps to conserve your battery life, so, you can use your charged phone for a longer period. This is a good one especially if your device screen is made with AMOLED. Also, it is been argued that the bright light from screens can possibly affect an individual sleeping pattern.
How to Enable Zoom Dark Mode
The dark mode option is not rolled out on the zoom video chat app for all devices except if you’re using it on a macOS platform. However, in this guide are simple tips to help you activate and use the Zoom dark mode on your device with ease.
How to use Zoom Dark Mode on macOS
The Zoom app supports dark mode on macOS, therefore, if you have activated the dark mode on you macOS computer, your Zoom will automatically run on the dark mode display. Here is how to turn on the dark mode on macOS.
- Open your macOS computer and go to Settings.
- Select system preferences.
- Select General and click on the “Dark” option. You can reverse this change by following the process and clicking the “Light” option.
Enable Zoom Dark Mode on Smartphones.
If you’re using iPhone or Android smartphone, follow the steps below to use dark mode on zoom.
- Download and install a third-party dark mode app.
- Enable the dark mode app and allow it to sync with your phone display setup.
- Now, you can open your Zoom app.
See how you can change your Zoom video background in a minute
How to use Zoom Dark Mode on Windows
Also, on the Zoom desktop app there is no custom setting to enable dark mode. But, you can use the dark mode on Zoom if you log in through the web version using the Chrome web browser.
- Open the Chrome web browser.
- Go to the search bar and type “chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark”, hit the search button.
- Next, select “Enable with selected inversion of everything”.
- Save settings and now login to your zoom meeting with the chrome browser.