How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Chrome for All devices – Best User Guide
To enable dark mode on Google chrome does not require any advanced tech knowledge. As a matter of fact, you just need to tweak around the settings on your device to initiate it. But what if you know exactly the right tabs to hit? – The good news is that we had you in mind and this guide was curated to help you get a darker user interface that will reduce your exposure to bright light.
Also, switching to the dark mode can help maintain a longer duration of battery life. There in this guide, all the steps on how to enable dark mode on Google Chrome for Android, iOS, Windows PC and macOS.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Chrome for macOS
1. Open your computer and navigate to System Preferences.
2. Next, select the options tagged General.
3. Scroll through and select Appearance.
4. Now, click on the ‘Dark’ options. This will automatically set Chrome to dark mode.
How to enable dark mode on Google Chrome for windows
The dark mode option is exclusively for the windows 10 version. If you have a lesser version, consider updating to version 10 so you can have access to this setting.
1. Power on your PC and navigate to Settings.
2. From the menu, select Personalization.
3. Now, click on the option marked ‘colors‘.
4. Next, scroll down and click on Choose Default app mode.
5. Complete the process by selecting Dark. All apps that allow Dark mode will have it activated.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Chrome for Andriod smartphones
Though this feature is yet to be fully initiated by the developers of Android. In this guide, you’ll learn how to tweak around some settings that will enable you to activate the dark mode on your Android device running on version 10 OS.
1. Open your smartphone browser and type the following; chrome://flags.
2. Next, select the Search Flag box by tapping on it.
3. Proceed by typing Dark into the box.
4. Two options will be displayed, each with a prompt. Now tap on the drop-down menu on each and select Activate.
5. Reboot your phone and open the Chrome browser.
6. Navigate to the Settings and select themes.
7. Next, from the theme options tap on ‘Dark’
Now your Chrome is set to run on dark mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Chrome for iOS
The guide below is applicable the version 13 of iOS devices.
1. Open your phone and navigate to settings.
2. From the list on the menu, tap on General.
3. Continue by tapping on Accessibility.
4. Next, select the Display Accommodation option.
5. Two options will be presented. First is the ‘Classic Invert’ option which will automatically invert everything on your screen. The second option is ‘Smart Invert’ which will change the color of the background only.
Choose your preferred option and the dark mode option will be activated for your Google Chrome too. Bravo!
Visit Google support for more insight about the dark mode on the Chrome browser.