Linode Review & Signup guide – [A simple Approach to cloud hosting]
Before you decide to go for a private cloud hosting service it is wise to go through some reviews that will help you make the right choice. Absolutely true, and that’s the essence of this Linode review.
In this review, we’ll be looking at two major things: Firstly, the Linode services. Secondly, the Linode signup and login guide.
Linode is a privately owned cloud-hosting service that provides virtual private server hosting. It is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
Founded in 2003 by Christopher Aker, the company has grown into a multinational company with 9 data centers spread all through North America, Europe, and Asia-pacific.
Also, as one of the leading giants in the cloud-hosting niche, Linode offers one of the best high-speed networks to over 400,000 customers.
Linode Review – Pros and Cons
- Availability of a wide range of features: Linode provides its clientele with a variety of features that is proportional to the price been paid for it. Among the features include a solid-state drive [SSD], 40GBPS network, Intel E5 processor and many more.
- Relatively Low Starting Price: Aside from the wide range of features offered by Linode, it also comes at a relatively low starting price of about $5 per month as well as a 7 days free trial to combat all forms of doubt.
- High-speed network: Based on insights from the customers’ review, Linode has one of the fastest cloud-hosting services.
- Good customer support: In order for its clientele to experience an optimal service experience with the company, there is a 24hrs customer support.
- It is more user-friendly for Linux experts and as such not really friendly for beginners.
- More charges: Additional features come with extra charges.
- There are limitations to the backup plans.
- Security challenges: Previous records hold it that Linode had been hit by security challenges in the past. However, the security challenge has been addressed.
Having done justice to the pros and cons in this Linode review. It’s alright now to dive into the signup and login guide.
Linode Signup – A Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Go to the Linode website. You can use the link here.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Signup’ link on the top right of the page. Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Create account’ tab on the center of the page.
Step 3: On the next page that will appear, create a unique username and password. Also, enter a preferred email address.
Step 4: Open the mail sent to your email and click on confirm to continue with the signup process.
Step 5: Next, it is time to enter your personal details and a valid payment option.
Step 6: At this point, you will indicate your interest in the Linode customer agreement by clicking through the small box.
Step 7: Finally, click on ‘Create account’
How to login to Linode
Step 1: Go to the Linode website just as stated in the guide above.
Step 2: On the webpage, click on the login located at the top right side of the page.
Step 3: Next, enter your username and password.
Step 4: Finally, click on ‘sign in’
How to delete your Linode account
Step 1: Login to your Linode account.
Step 2: Go to account settings.
Step 3: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Cancel my account”
Step 4: Next, follow the prompts to have your account deleted.
Finally, in this Linode review, one thing that is worth mentioning is that Linode provides the developers with a good platform for cloud-hosting and VPS networks. However, irrespective of the cons associated with the service, beginners with a good knowledge of Linux setup and management can as well use the program. Gratias!