Babbel Review | Easy way to Learn a new language online
The benefit of learning a new language can never be over-emphasized, especially now that the world is becoming too interdependent. Although, it is not very easy to learn a new language. However, in this Babbel review, we’ll unveil the unique features that make Babbel stand out as a more convenient, easier and interactive way to learn a new language using the e-learning approach.
What is Babbel?
Babbel is an e-learning software that aids users to learn new languages. It offers a subscription-based learning service that teaches various languages online through its app. This learning app was launched in 2007 and currently offers about fourteen  languages: English, Brazilian Portugues, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, German, French, Russian, Norwegian Polish, Indonesia, Dutch, Turkish, and Danish.
In order to make it available and convenient for subscribers, there is a web app and a mobile app just to meet the various needs of its members. The program is designed based on a curriculum with pre-recorded vocal content that can be played whenever as long as your subscription is active.
Babbel Review: The Pricing
The pricing for Babbel subscription varies based on duration. However, you are allowed to try some of the programs for free before you choose a subscription plan. It is worthy to note that the free subscription level will not give you the adequate lessons you need. But, it can serve as an introduction or a clue to what you stand to get when you subscribe.
The prices are relatively low compared to the value exchanged for it. Also, it gets lower when you subscribe for more. Although each subscription is specified for a specific language and as such, you will not be granted access to learn another one except you subscribe to it. Further in this Babbel review is the estimated cost for different subscription levels.
- One month subscription – $12.95/month
- Three months subscription – $26.80 at $8.93/month
- Six months subscription – $45.70 at $7.62/month
- Twelve months subscription – $83.40 at $6.95/month
Upon subscribing for any of these plans as listed above, you’ll be granted unlimited access to your selected language for the whole duration as stated by your subscription plan.
How Babbel Works
Babbel language e-learning program is structured in a unique way that enables members to learn effectively and faster. In this Babbel review post, we have hand picked the following features as those that make the program outstanding from other similar language learning apps.
- It prepares you to have real live-conversation: The lessons have been designed to groom you properly into having real live conversation regardless if you’re a beginner or amature with hope to become perfect in your chosen language. Also, the vocal sounds are voiced by native speakers, this will give you the correct pronounciation of each word you may come across during the lesson period.
- Speech recognition technology: This enables the conversion of spoken words into readable formats that can be read by the computer. With this feature in Babbel, you can be rest assured to learn almost if not all the popular phrases in your chosen language. In addition to that, it is very useful in building your vocabulary and to ensure accuracy in pronounciation.
- Adaptible lesson duration: The time duratin for the lessons have been split into 10 to 15 minutes per lesson. This is to make it convenient for learners and to prevent over stacking learners brain with exercises and long talk that will lead to them forgetting most of the what is being taught.
- Furthermore, with the dynamic Review Manager, users can review lesson sessions in oder to make sure that previous lessons stick. It also makes room for perfections.
How to Create a user account with Babbel e-learning app
Perhaps, you have interest in learning a new language and you realy want to make the most out of the knowledge you’ve gotten from this Babbel review so far, here below is the guide on how to create an account with Babbel.
1. Log on to Babbel official website
2. Next, choose a language and proceed
3. Subsequently enter your personal details and provide other details as required from you. Follow the process to the later to setup your account.
Alternatively, you can use your Facebook profile to create an account and login.
How to Login using Facebook
Using the Facebook option to log in will save you some stress, this is because Facebook has got most of your personal details and are willing to share it with Babbel at your permission.
To use this option, all you need to do is to click on the big blue tab located towards the top of the login page [tagged ‘Log in with Facebook’] and follow the prompts that comes afterwards.
Babbel Pros and Cons
Generally, there is no single software or app that will adequately meet the need of every one. This is same with Babbel. Therefore, at this point in this Babbel review, let us look at the pros and cons.
- One of the pros of Babbel is that it boosts of one of the best structure in the game so far. The courses have a good structure that makes every user stick around.
- It has good quality courses offered at a relatively cheap rate.
- The courses are simplified and carefully designed to fit in all devices.
- The quality of content varies with languages
- The process of learning can be dull at times because it has low engagement level.
- The varieties are minimal and the exercises are limited.
It is worthy to note that there might be some places that is lagging in this language learning app. However, in this Babbel review we can generally say that amidst the cons associated with the app, it stands out as a top competitor in the online language learning industry. Get a subscription today.
For further reading, you can get more insight from the Babbel magazine portal which is dedicated solely to giev audience insight about the e-learrning program it offers. Go ahead, grab a knowledge and speak a new language confidently.