This guide is intended to walk you through the process of creating and managing your AOL Webmail Account Login credentials. AOL Mail is one of the free webmail services, it is often called Aim Mail. Hence, I’ll be using the name AOL and AIM mail interchangeably in this guide, as the spirit leads, alright!
The AOL mail is not a new webmail service, it was developed by America Online (AOL) as far back as 1993, they only online offered premium services to subscribers. However, in 2017, it was acquired by Verizon and the in-house email service was discontinued and opened for all customers to use as a free webmail service.
The name AIM Mail stands for AOL Instant Messenger, it was launched in 2005 and has remained the base technology on which the AOL mail works.
Among the advantages of using AIM webmail services includes the following:
It offers unlimited storage capacity with POP and IMAP access.
AIM mail is easy to create and you can easily set up auto-reply to notify senders when you’re away.
AIM Mail Lifestream enables you to put updates from many social networks right into your AIM Mail and lets you post these services, too.
AOL Webmail Account Login – The Signup Process
To signup for Aol webmail, open your browser and follow the steps below.
- Go to the AIM webmail signup website @ www.aim.com or aol.com
- On the top of the homepage click on “Login/Join”, this will redirect you to the login page.
- On the login page, click on the “Create an account” button below the login section.
- Proceed to fill the form that will be displayed. The space for email is for you to put the name you want to use as your email address.
- Click on the “Continue” button to proceed further.
- Select a security question and provide the answer.
- Next, enter your mobile number and type in the Captcha in the box shown below the page.
- Finally, review the terms and conditions, agree, and click Sign Up to finish creating your account.
AOL webmail Account Login – The Sign-in Process
The login process at AOL Webmail Account is an easy one. Below is a guide to help you.
- Go to the AOL webmail login page at www.login.aol.com/
- On the login page enter your Username or Email and Password.
- Finally, click on the Sign-in button to access your AIM webmail account.